Mountain View Regional Emergency Management Agency, or MVREMA, was established through the signing of Mutual Aid Agreements between the Municipalities of Carstairs, Cremona, Didsbury, Olds, Sundre and Mountain View County.
The purpose of this arrangement is to provide a framework for coordination, leadership, training and expertise in preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery of major emergencies and disasters within the Mountain View County.
- A regional focus which promotes all 6 participating municipalities working together
- Incident Command Systems (ICS) supporting multi-agency coordination
- Response that supports the needs of evacuee’s through coordinated Emergency Social Services
- An ‘All Hazards Approach’ enabling comprehensive planning for any type of major emergency or disaster
- Regular Exercises and Training for responders and municipalities
Members of this partnership program consist of Emergency Management staff, RCMP, Fire, and Emergency Social Services.
The MVREMA provides support to the participating Municipalities and Village(s) who have their own established Disaster & Emergency Programs in addition to the regional focus of the MVREMA.